Examine the importance of the Louisiana Purchase
on the development of America with this set of informational text, guided notes and activities for learning about and thinking about the impact of the Louisiana Purchase. Students begin with an inquiry activity related to size of the nation and population. Students read informational text, complete a foldable set of notes (optional), and participate in one or more of four station activities.
Included in this resource:
- Informational text on the Louisiana Purchase
- Directions and student handout for four activities
- Teacher’s guide and directions for inquiry activity
- Graphic organizer foldable for notes - great for interactive notebooks
Ways to save (this resource included in each of these bundles):
- Westward Expansion Resource Bundle for U.S. History
- U.S. History Full Year: Early America to Civil War Resource Bundle (MY LIBRARY)
Westward Expansion Resources Include:
- Louisiana Purchase Notes and Center Activities
- Lewis and Clark Inquiry Notes and Center Activity for Westward Expansion
- Oregon Trail Interactive Notebook and Center Activities for Westward Expansion
This purchase is for one teacher
only. This resource is not permitted to be shared with colleagues or by an entire subject or grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog. Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.