Westward Expansion Unit Bundle (American History Curriculum Unit 6)
This Westward Expansion Unit Bundle includes the following products for teaching about these topics: Westward Expansion, The War of 1812, The Louisiana Purchase, The Trail of Tears, Trails to the West, The Texas Revolution, The Mexican-American War, Manifest Destiny
Westward Expansion Interactive Notebook
Westward Expansion Lesson PowerPoints
Westward Expansion Vocabulary Posters, Word Wall Cards, and Flash Cards
Westward Expansion Study Guides & Tests
This unit was designed for grades 4-6.
Please see the preview file as well as each item linked above for a closer look at each component of this unit.
This Unit Bundle is actually Unit 6 in a 12 Unit Series. This is the third published unit. Other units will be published according to the release schedule near the bottom of this listing.
All 12 of my American History Unit Bundles will be part of a huge American History Curriculum Growing Mega-Bundle. You can find that here.
American History Units Release Schedule: (Note that these are not in chronological order)
• January 9 • Unit 4: American Revolution (Available now)
• January 30 • Unit 5: A New Nation is Born (AVAILABLE NOW)
• February 27 • Unit 6: Moving West (AVAILABLE NOW)
• March 20 • Unit 7: Civil War
• April 10 • Unit 8: Industrialization and Immigration
• May 8 • Unit 9: World Wars
• May 29 • Unit 10: Cold War and Communism
• July 10 • Unit 1: Native Americans of North America
• July 31 • Unit 2: Exploring and Settling North America
• September 4 • Unit 3: Colonies
• September 25 • Unit 11: Civil Rights
• October 16 • Unit 12: Terrorism
Additional materials are available to enhance this curriculum and can be found in The Doodle Oven’s store:
Events Coloring Pages
Q: Do students need a textbook to use these materials?
A: No, a textbook is not required. This is actually designed to be used with or without a textbook or other curriculum. It can be used as a supplement or on its own. Instead of relying on a textbook, students are building their own textbooks with their interactive notebooks that include all of the information they need - vocabulary words and definitions, important people, events, and big ideas.