Experience what it was like to travel west in a wagon train. Practice all the cursive letters in the alphabet with this exciting unit study in a penmanship book. Copy-work pages tell about different aspects of life in a wagon train on the way to Oregon or California, exploring the hardships, meals, kids’ daily chores, challenges, recreation, and much more.
We have pioneered a new concept in penmanship, our A-Z History Unit Study Penmanship Series, which includes well researched history content, along with ideas and activities to help make history come alive for your children. This book includes:
- 5 recipes for an authentic wagon train meal
- a map of the Oregon and California Trails
- a supplies word search puzzle
- 3 pioneer paper dolls and extra costumes
- pioneer crafts to make
- activity ideas for your family to enjoy, either as a family or with your homeschool support group (ideas for both contexts are provided)
- illustrations on every page that reflect the time period and show what life was like
- 8 paintings of life on the trail by artists of the period, one of which has an outline line drawing for your children to use in order to try their hand at copying the painting
- 8 additional coloring pages of scenes from the Trail, from beginning to end
54 usable pages of highly interesting penmanship and activities!
Other titles in our A-Z History Unit Study Penmanship Series include:
- A-Z Family Life in Colonial Times
- Other titles coming soon!
The professional handwriting font set used in our penmanship books is used by public schools across the U.S. This book is reproducible for all students living in the same home as the book’s purchaser.