Let learning span across content areas with these fun whale activities for kindergarten and first grade! This mini-unit covers science, math, reading, writing and art. It also includes a lesson plan and teaching guides just for you. Click on the PREVIEW to learn more!
- One cross-curricular lesson plan with separate guides for completing the activities over two, three, four and five days
- Science, math, reading, writing and art activities and printables
- List of fiction and nonfiction whale books
- QR codes and links to videos
- Answer keys
- Writing options with and without handwriting lines
Tell Me More About the Activities!
Here are the specific activities included:
How Baleen Whales Eat activity
"Whale's Scale": comparing objects with a balance scale
- wh digraph
- long a medial sound
- -ale family words
- A Whale of a Tale
- Whale Watching
- Big List of Blue
Whale blow painting picture
- What I Know About Whales assessment
- Know-Wonder-Learn template
- Handwriting sheet
How Does This Differ from Your Other Units?
My week-long units are cross-curricular as well, but they contain detailed daily lesson plans for each day of the week. This resource contains one lesson plan, but it's packed full of ideas that can span more than one day. I've included guides for stretching the lesson plan activities over two, three, four and five days.
Other Ocean Units
- Oceans (week long)
- Sharks (mini-unit)
- Dolphins (mini-unit)
- Sea Turtles (mini-unit)
- Jellyfish (mini-unit)
Questions? Please feel free to click on the "Product Q & A" tab to contact me here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org