Quick, easy and fun, these whale-themed activities for the beginning or end of the year, provide a nice variety of options, making it easy to diversify your lessons. Awesome bulletin board or hallway-wall display too.
- "A great way to end (or begin) a school year!"
- "This is the second year in a row that I am using these fun and creative materials to enhance my Marine Life themed classroom!"
- “Great product!” “Cute.”
There’s plenty of whale “topper” options, as well as cute writing prompt “bottoms”.
The simple prompts make these activities suitable for little ones, as well as older kiddos, whose writing will be longer and more descriptive.
Besides a “teachable moment” for idioms, you can also add to your kiddos' vocabulary with the word homonym or homophone, as the “Tiny ‘Tales’ of School/Summer” and the “Whale of a Tale” writing prompts featuring a whale’s tail are used in the packet as well.
Students really enjoy the crafty portion of their writing keeping them engaged & focused.
- 9 bookmarks: 5 are “writing prompt bookmarks” There are also 4 “from the teacher” bookmarks appropriate to welcome your new students, or say farewell to this year’s bunch.
- A “Whale of a ‘Tale’” whale’s tail topper, for an individual, small group, or whole-group activity.
- A “Tiny ‘Tales’ of School” as well as a “Tiny ‘Tales’ of Summer" booklet, can also be an individual activity, or done as a class-made mini-flip booklet, where everyone contributes a page.
The “tiny tale” could be the most exciting, fun, scary, or funny thing that happened to them during the school year, or over summer vacation.
- Another booklet option, is “Wally”. A “standing tall” blue whale. Behind his “face” are oval pages.
- A silhouette whale. Run off on a variety of colors. Students trim and complete whatever writing prompt you choose for them. For that finishing touch, add a school picture.
- 4, “Spouting Off” activities
- 4 different whale toppers. I've also included large and small wave patterns.
- 7 different writing prompt worksheets to go under the whale topper. BW + Color options.
- 5 cover options for a full-page class-made booklet, with 6 inside page options
- Directions, samples and photographs of my completed projects to help explain things and make life a bit easier; plus book suggestions & helpful links.
Be sure and check the PREVIEW for lots of pictures!
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, sincerely hoping that you and your kiddos really enjoy these whale-themed activities.
Whether you’re purchasing this for back-to-school, or at the end of the year, I’m wishing you a “whale of a wonderful time!”
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.