This nonfiction min-unit on whales is perfect for when you don't need a huge resource. Complete with full-color fact cards (which print beautifully in black and white, too) and comprehension and writing activities, this whales unit works well with the whole class or small groups.
- Fact Cards: - 6 full page sheets and 6 half-page cards (The half-page cards do not contain all the details that the full size sheets do.)
- 2 sets of 6 printable Question Cards and a Recording sheet
- Response sheets for each fact sheet (They work best with the details on the full-size sheet, but can be adapted to use the half-sheets)
- Main Idea Recording Sheet and Main Idea Matching Sheet – 2 levels of the same skill to allow for differentiation
- Wonderful Whales – quick open-ended response sheet
- Can/Have Are response sheet
- True/False fact sort
- Writing Plan Sheets and paper – 2 versions
The fact sheets are great for close reading and the smaller half-sheet cards can be used as a walk the room activity, or stapled together to make a booklet.
Be sure to check out the preview to get a better idea of what is included and see a sample fact sheet.
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories
Looking for more nonfiction units? Click HERE
to see them all!
Nonfiction min-units include:
Endangered Animals nonfiction
All About Insects
All About Frogs
All About Ladybugs
All About Rabbits
..... and more!