You can find this in a bundle along with Physical and Life Science here: What Am I? Important Things in Life, Physical, and Earth Science Bundle - 4th
This game is intended to be used to review all of the important things to know in Physical Science. The terms listed are specific to the Georgia Performance Standards for 4th grade and is a great review for the CRCT. There is an extra page of blank playing cards in case you have more things you would like to add.
1. Cut apart each of the cards of terms so that they are like playing cards.
2. Shuffle the cards and turn them upside down in a pile.
3. Separate your class into teams (however many you would like – I prefer 2, but you can do more)
4. Choose a player from the first group to come up and read the clues to their team. They finish with, “What am I?” and their team must guess the answer. If someone from their team guesses correctly, that team gets 2 points. If they are wrong, the next team up has a chance to get 1 point if they answer correctly. If they get it correct, they still get their turn next. If they were incorrect when trying to earn the point, the next group in order (if there is more than 2 teams) will get their chance to get a point.
5. Continue playing in this way until you have completed all of the cards. Whichever team has the most points at the end, wins.
Terms included: transparent, opaque, translucent, convex lens, concave lens, prism, pitch, lever, pulley, wedge, inclined plane, screw, wheel, axle, force
You can get the other two reviews here:
What Am I? Important Things In Earth Science *Game* - 4th Grade
What Am I? Important Things In Life Science *Game* - 4th Grade
© 2014 Terry's Teaching Tidbits. Purchasing this product is for single classroom use only. To use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.