What Can a Citizen Do? Interactive Read Aloud Lessons and Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you need engaging, standards-based interactive read aloud lessons that build your students' reading comprehension skills and strategies? These lessons and activities will teach comprehension, vocabulary, speaking and listening skills, and more in a meaningful and fun way, while integrating sciencPrice $14.00Original Price $28.00Save $14.00
- Read aloud lessons for the ENTIRE YEAR for SECOND GRADE! Just print and teach! DIGITAL VERSIONS FOR GOOGLE SLIDES TM INCLUDED FOR EACH STORY! Digital IRAs allow you to continue your interactive read alouds when students are distance learning from a remote location. Each month’s lessons include fourPrice $130.00Original Price $257.00Save $127.00
Do you need engaging, standards-based interactive read aloud lessons that build your students' reading comprehension skills and strategies? These lessons and activities will teach comprehension, vocabulary, speaking and listening skills, and more in a meaningful and fun way.
Interactive read aloud lessons for the books and Just print and teach! This interactive read aloud is designed to cover five days. This resource contains one week of lessons that are also included in the monthly bundle.
Read alouds allow us to teach a broad range of standards. You will find that each read aloud will cover many standards, but will focus more heavily on a specific one. This will be the standard assessed at the end of the week to provide evidence of mastery for that standard.
In this resource, students will learn how to ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in an informational text.
DIGITAL GOOGLE SLIDES TM version available here!
Read Aloud Books:
by Dave Eggers
by Helen Mason (found on www.getepic.com)
Each set of read aloud plans will include the following:
- interactive anchor charts
- posters for reading strategies and skills
- a daily lesson plan for each day of the read aloud (5 total included)...just print and teach!
- assessing and advancing text dependent questions covering all of Bloom’s Taxonomy Levels for partner talk and whole group discussion each day
- sticky note template for questions...print your already prepared questions on sticky notes for the week! Questions focus on key ideas and details, craft and structure, and integration of knowledge and ideas.
- reader’s response printables for each lesson that students will complete independently
- vocabulary cards and instruction routine
- mentor sentences for teacher and students
- culminating task
- assessment over focus standard (ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in an informational text)
(Each lesson meets the TN Ready and Common Core Standards.)
You may also love:
President and Election Activities and Crafts
First and Second Grade Learning Toolkit
Classroom Management Games for the Entire Year
Interactive Phonics Anchor Charts
Get more classroom tips and instructional strategies from me below:
Would you like to SAVE on new resources? Just click the GREEN STAR below my name. This will allow you to follow my store and receive e-mail notifications when a new resource is added.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on your purchase to earn TPT credits!