"What Comes Next" is a college study unit designed for elementary students in a gifted or high achievers program. The program was developed using Georgia colleges. The unit is provided as a Word document, so it can be modified as necessary for other state colleges or if specific colleges would like to be added. The unit usually takes between 6 and 8 hours to complete, or one gifted resource class day.
The contents of the unit include:
1. Research 8 Georgia colleges and complete a research matrix on them.
2. Label a Georgia map with the cities of each college.
3. Complete math activities using the enrollment and tuition of each college.
4. Fill out a sample college application.
5. Write an entrance essay. (Expository)
6. Address envelopes to admissions offices.
7. Research clubs and organizations at the school.
8. Choose a major.
9. Register for classes.
10. Use graph paper to develop a building plan for a college.