Expand students' global knowledge with high-interest paragraphs that engage students with fascinating facts! No prep for bell work or many more uses.
What you get:
- 25 one-page handouts. Countries featured are those students may not be familiar with in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. See Preview for list.
- 2-3 questions per passage that cover CCSStandards for SS/History. Main ideas, fact/opinion, using visual information and more. One concept covered is why some nations are so poor.
- 94 social studies vocabulary terms, such as infant mortality, are included in the texts with explanations.
- Worksheet for matching vocabulary with definitions.
- Worksheet for matching countries with continents.
- Answer Keys
- Teaching Tips for different uses, such as note-taking, map work, writing, or discussion. Use each passage over several days, one day with homework completion, once a week, etc.
- Colorful clip art, including the flag, global location, and cultural illustrations for each country. Can be photocopied in b/w.
What teachers say: "These are great passages that are easy to read for the students. They really enjoy them." "Great way to introduce kids to different areas of the world."
No-prep for bell work, enrichment, centers, homework, extra credit, early finishers, sub plan and more. Use to supplement your curriculum in World History; as part of a geography unit; for a study of current issues; or in an ELA class for informational text. May be appropriate for high school or Adult Ed.
Another engaging product to involve students in learning more about other countries!
Bundle of worksheets for improving understanding and retention of textbooks and informational readings:
Follow me! Click the star next to my photo in the upper right corner and receive news about sales and new products. Thank you!