Do you go on a field trip
to the zoo
with your students or take a “virtual” field trip online?
If so, then I think you’ll enjoy this “What Did You See at the Zoo?” packet.
There are a variety
of activities included, which are easy to diversify
for different ages & skill levels.
Be sure & check the PREVIEW
for lots of samples.
The packet includes:
1. * “What animals did WE see?” colorful animal poster
to use as a whole group activity, with a matching BW “What animals did YOU see?” worksheet
2. * “Sizing
Up the Animals!” worksheet, where students can practice their comparison & contrast measuring
skills: “What animal was taller than you?” (shorter, heavier, longer…) “What animal would fit in your backpack?” A colorful option is also included so you can do this as a whole group.
3. * Two, “We Saw Animals!” worksheets in both color to use as a whole group discussion activity, as well as black & white versions, so you also have the option to do one or both as an independent activity.
4. * Fun Worksheet: “Oh My! An animal is escaping. It’s following you out of the zoo.” Complete the picture, by drawing your favorite animal, or one you’d like to take home.
This can simply be a “draw & color” activity for little ones, or a writing extension
for older students, who will then explain their picture, or tell “how they escaped” or “what happens when they get home.”
5. * “What Did You See at the Zoo?” booklet
, where students trace & write
the animal word, then answer the question by marking an X in either the “Yes” or “No” box. They also color the picture of the animal.
6. * I’ve also included a colorful teacher’s edition
, (“What Did WE See at the Zoo?” ) which you can do as a whole group activity with little ones.
Each full-size page, features 4 animal strips
, so you can easily cut them apart to make a “Snip & Flip”
This allows you to make your booklet as long as you like; or limiting the number of pages for wee ones. There are 24 animal
strip options, on 6, full-size pages.
These activities pair nicely with my
"We're Going to the Zoo!” Field Trip Packet
. Click the link to take a peek.
I’m Diane, from Teach With Me, wishing you a fun-filled “ed-venture” to the zoo.
For more animal activities click the link
Come join the fun on Facebook for my exclusive FREEBIES & Monthly Giveaways
Check out my educational Pinterest boards
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours
. Click the green star button
to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.