This is an interactive adapted Velcro book that focuses on the jobs of a variety of occupations (i.e., What does a doctor do?-Help sick people). This book has 10 pages, with a question at the top (i.e., What does a teacher do?), a picture in the middle and an answer (i.e., helps children learn) that can be attached at the bottom of the page using Velcro. Occupations include doctor, dentist, teacher, construction worker, mailman, librarian, farmer, chef and police officer.
This book can also be adapted as a therapy activity. Have your students glue the pictures to the correct page and send home the book for extra practice.
Directions for making the book-
1. Print the book using card stock or regular paper.
2. Laminate each page using a heat laminator (Velcro will not stick to film that comes from a cold laminator).
3. Cut each page in half by cutting on the center line. Cut the picture cards apart.
4. Put the book together using a binding comb or staple.
5. Attach the hook side of the Velcro to the back of each picture card. Attach the loop side of the Velcro to each page in the book where you see a gray circle.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com