This is a research-based project that I give to my students that fits in with “genius hour” or “passion time.” Students must take a stand on ANY issue that has at least 2 opposing sides, research it, and come up with a project of their choice that defends their position.
Some examples of project topics are:
• Is dancing/cheerleading a sport?
• Is Donald Trump qualified to be the president?
• Should animal testing be legal?
• Do video games cause violent behavior?
• Who should win the NBA MVP?
• Is old-school rap better than today’s rap?
Encourage students to think outside the box and pick an issue that they are interested in and care about.