Also included in
- All of the files in this Kobi Yamada bundle now include digital distance learning options in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of each file for the links and instructions.These Growth Mindset Literature Units include these titles by Kobi Yamada: What Do You Do With an Idea? What Do$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
- All the files in this growth mindset literature unit bundle now includes digital distance learning options in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of each product file for links and instructions.This GROWTH MINDSET MEGA BOOK BUNDLE includes the following titles:Your Fantastic Elastic B$50.00$65.50Save $15.50
- This growth mindset multi-level bundle includes my four largest GROWTH MINDSET BUNDLES for 1st-6th grade. If you teach multi-level classes, this the best value (you get a 20% discount off the original cost of the individual products when you buy this bundle). You will find 40 PRODUCTS which are in$172.00$224.95Save $52.95
This What Do You Do With a Chance? activities file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
This growth mindset literature unit for What Do You Do With a Chance? by Kobi Yamada was created for 1st-4th grade. This new picture book works perfectly in conjunction with What Do You Do With an Idea? and What Do You Do With a Problem?.
The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are vocabulary words and comprehension questions included in list form as well as task card form).
In addition to 10 vocabulary cards, 14 discussion question task cards, and various worksheets, you will also find a variety of tasks where students can reflect on taking risks. Taking chances (risks) is a necessary component of growth mindset instruction. Please check out the preview for What Do You Do With a Chance prior to purchasing.
My hope is that this product will help your students understand the benefits of taking risks. They will also learn that making a mistake is an amazing opportunity to learn something new. These activities are perfect for teachers or counselors who are helping students develop a growth mindset and understand that it's okay to take risks, or chances, even if there is a possibility of failure. Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
Here are the individual links to each Kobi Yamada Literature Unit, as well as the bundled product, which can save you money.
- WHAT DO YOU DO WITH AN IDEA? By Kobi Yamada
- WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A PROBLEM? By Kobi Yamada
- WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A CHANCE? By Kobi Yamada
- KOBI YAMADA LITERATURE UNIT BUNDLE
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 8/20/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive--no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
You will find other engaging literature units here:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.