PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This activity packed literature unit for What Do You Do With a Problem by Kobi Yamada is a perfect for 1st-4th grade. This new picture book works perfectly in conjunction with What Do You Do With an Idea. The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are comprehension questions included in list form as well as task card form).
In addition to the task cards and printables, you will also find a variety of tasks where students can practice finding opportunities in real life problems as well as a growth mindset reflection page. Instructions are also included on how to set up a "Problem Patrol" in your classroom to assist students in solving problems (or receiving suggestions on how to manage problems). Please check out the preview for What Do You Do With a Problem prior to purchasing.
My hope is that this product will help your students learn how to find the gems of opportunity in problems. There is also a focus on how to deal with worries that students can control and worries that students can't control (and would even be perfect for a counselor who is facilitating a group for students that focuses on anxiety, worries, or problem-solving skills). Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
Here are the individual links to each Kobi Yamada Literature Unit, as well as the bundled product, which can save you money.
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVEFREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.