This read-aloud pack includes rigorous text dependent questions, differentiated graphic organizers, response to text writing activities including a craftivity, and detailed lesson plans to help you meet several core standards while maintaining your tradition of reading aloud for pleasure. You will guide students to use evidence from the text to deepen their understanding of the story and respond in meaningful ways.
These lesson plans will guide you through 3-5 daily read-aloud lessons. Each day students will interact with the book for a different purpose and then complete a corresponding activity. These activities are perfect to help teach students how ideas and inventions can change the world for the better.
This pack includes:
- Detailed Lesson Plans with full-size Samples
- Text Dependent Questions and Answer Keys
- Key Ideas and Details Sorting Activity
- Key Ideas and Details Story Moral Graphic Organizer
- Story Summary Writing Pages
- Vocabulary Graphic Organizers
- My Ideas Writing Booklets
- My Bright Idea Writing Shape
- Self Portrait Craftivity Instructions and Patterns
- Bulletin Board Title
- Core Standards Alignment, Scope and Sequence
To teach these lessons you will need the book:
What Do You Do With an Idea? by Kobi Yamada
These lesson plans are also available for grades 1-2.
Do you love reading aloud to your upper elementary students? We do too! It is one of our favorite times of the day.
Visit our blog here to find out more about how to teach the Core one read-aloud at a time and to read more about our daily close reading lesson plans.
Our interactive read-aloud titles for upper grades are a new series. Find all of our new titles in our custom category: Upper Grade Read-Alouds
We would love to hear what you think! Please remember to earn your free TpT credit by leaving feedback when you purchase.
Follow us to get updates on our newest products!
For helpful tips, hints, and classroom strategies check out our blog!