Please Note: These lessons were designed using black/white and color illustrations provided by http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/LittleRed.
Please make sure your printer has the capacity to print in both color and black/white.
The lessons in “What Do You Use At School? Level 2–Intermediate/Expanding Levels – ESL, ELD, ELL, EFL,–Vocabulary & Infinitive/Present Tenses, Grades 2–3,” can be used in a variety of ways to complement your existing ELD curriculum. This unit contains ten reproducible pages for classroom use, which focus on ELD vocabulary, infinitive form of verbs, simple present tense, objects of prepositions, phonemic awareness, language, speaking, reading, and listening development. Each reproducible worksheet includes teacher directions at the bottom of the page for ease of presentation, except for the phonemic awareness lesson, and the Challenge Activity, “Create And Read Patterned Sentences.” These directions can be found at the end of the lesson material.
Note: There is an additional page of key vocabulary picture flash cards that can be used to extend the unit lessons: pen, crayon, eraser, glue stick, paper clip, and stapler. These are located at the end of the flash card/word card section.
Also included are four teacher preparation pages, which include: Objectives, Vocabulary Charts (nouns, verbs, possessive adjectives, adverbs, and language frames), language, directions for the phonemic awareness lesson, and directions for the challenge activity – “Create and Read Patterned Sentences.”
Intermediate/Expanding English Language Learners in Grades 2-3 should enjoy the activities and worksheets. Their communication skills will be enhanced as they are guided through the lessons and practice listening, speaking, reading, writing, using the possessive adjectives my/these, phonemic awareness (isolation/discrimination: using minimal pairs /s/ and /z/) – final position).
Student Reproducible Pages Include:
1) Directions at the bottom of each worksheet for ease of
2) Estimated time for each lesson/worksheet
3) Activities are included in the directions to make the
presentation fun and meaningful
4) An opening cover illustration page that can be used for warm
ups, previewing and reviewing lesson vocabulary, and
5) Flash Cards and Word Cards which focus on key vocabulary
and key sentence words/language frames (2 pages – 8 picture
6) Additional Key Vocabulary Flash Cards with additional
vocabulary (located at the end of the flash card section – 6
picture flash cards)
7) A worksheet for introducing the new vocabulary
8) A language page that allows children to practice talking about
the classroom items they use at school
9) A review page that allows student to write the correct word
next to each classroom item picture
10) A writing page that allows students to write about the
classroom items they use at school
11) A rebus story page that uses the key vocabulary and allows
students to make a text-to-self connection (Flesh-Kincaid
Level 2.0; Lexile – 370 Grade 1)
12) An application page which allows students to draw and/or
write what they have learned about using classroom
13) Lessons and worksheets are a great resource for substitute
teachers/tutors, as directions and objectives are included
14) Art Design By – Little Red's School House –
15) Common Core Standards Included
Please adhere to all copyright laws. Use of this product, beyond classroom use for students, is prohibited. Please contact me if you wish to use this product for other purposes, as this is a violation of the intended copyright. Please note that multiple licenses are available at a reduced cost.