Teachers, when I saw the recent Youtube video “What Does the Fox Say?” I knew it had to become a kindergarten activity. The kids are going to be singing the song anyway, so let’s tap that excitement and connect it to literacy skills!
Simply play the video for the children and have a dance party! They will instantly love it! Then sing along with the mini-booklets. This would be great for the listening center! They can also use the pocket chart sentences to read and connect to the correct animal picture.
Pocket Chart Directions:
1. Print word and picture cards on cardstock. Then laminate and cut them out.
2. Make multiple copies of Pocket Chart Recording Sheet.
Place at Pocket Chart Station.
3. Model how to match sentences to pictures and how to use the Pocket Chart Recording Sheet during Literacy Station or Center Time.
1. Copy each page. (Top and bottom halves are identical.)
2. Cut each page in half horizontally.
3. Create booklets using one of each page.
4. Staple together and let the reading and singing begin!
Get ready for some high energy learning!
(Note: This download contains 2 files.)