What Doesn't Belong & Why BOOM Cards | Levels 1 & 2 | Speech Therapy
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
These two BOOM Cards decks work on Category Exclusion (i.e. What Doesn't Belong) as well as answering Why Questions with visual supports!
After students select what doesn't belong from a field of four choices, they will answer a “why” question by dragging the correct category to the answer box.
There are a total of 80 cards (40 in each deck):
- 40 What Doesn't Belong cards (with a field of 4 choices)
- 40 Why Questions – along with visuals to help students form a complete sentence to answer
**Level 1 includes more basic categories (e.g. food, animals) whereas Level 2 includes more subcategories (e.g. vegetables, ocean animals) and other categories that are slightly more challenging (e.g. 'things that are in a bathroom').
Try a playable preview here!
These BOOM cards utilize Picture Communication Symbols® (PCS/Boardmaker symbols), which are familiar to many special education students, especially those who use AAC.
**Please download the PDF after you purchase to get a direct link to both decks on BOOM Learning. This will save you time by getting all the decks with one click!**
About BOOM Cards:
- To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet.
- Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari,Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
- For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards).
- For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
- You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
- If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading). You will not be charged when your free trial expires.
You may also like:
BOOM Cards Inferences with Visual Supports
BOOM Cards Interactive Books Bundle
View the BOOM Cards section of my store here
Connect with Speak Play Love:
Join email list (best way to learn about new products and #hashtag sales)
Want to get notifications about new products and freebies? Click here to follow me on TpT