This set of materials includes two activities for teaching students to recognize, name, and make associations among 24 items commonly found on a farm.
The materials include a printable self-checking interactive activity and a coordinating no-print self-checking interactive activity for use on iPad, laptop or PC.
The printable self-checking activity includes:
• cover for book
• 3 self-checking interactive book pages
• animal pictures for interactive activity
To assemble and use the printable book
• Cut apart the book pages to form four pages.
• Place Velcro dots, or other adhesive of your choice, to cover the circles inside the squares on the book pages.
• Assemble the book by connecting the pages with a snap ring in the top left corner.
• Cut out each square card containing an animal image. Place a Velcro dot or adhesive of your choice in the center of the back side of each square animal card.
• Store the animal cards on the coordinating book pages.
1. Have students match the animal pictures to the images on the “What goes with ___.” pages
2. Before presenting the book to the students, place the animal images on the correct pages.
Present a page in the book and read aloud the “What goes with ____?” question. The students should touch/show the item that coordinates with the item named in the question. Students may lift/remove the card picture to check to see if they answered correctly.
3. Present only the picture cards and have students name the items.
To use the no print self-checking interactive activity, save to iBooks on your iPad or open the file on your PC or laptop.
Instructions for navigating the document:
• Each page has a single question, i.e., “What goes with____?” and 12 possible answers.
• Students should click/tap the image they believe to be the correct answer.
• If the answer is correct, the student will be taken to a reward page.
• From the reward page the student can click/tap ‘Go Ahead’ to move to the next page.
• If the answer is incorrect, the student will be taken to a message page directing them to try again.
• From the try again page the student can click/tap ‘Try Again’ to return to the “Find the….” page.