What If You Had Animal Feet Adaptation Project | Writing BUNDLE
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- Get your informative writing unit rolling with these TEN fun prompts and activities. Students will go through the writing process to create a common core aligned research based writing piece. Each activity is designed to be taught in one week or can be condensed into less days. The weekly assignmentPrice $38.00Original Price $47.50Save $9.50
ENGAGE students in learning about animal adaptations with this FUN What If You Had Animal Feet informative writing activity! Students will research various types of animal adaptations and select which adaptations they would want and why. Students will then complete a book accompanied by a craft with their face on it and all of the animal adaptations they selected.
Mentor Text Recommendation: This is common core aligned, and pairs great with the book What If You Had Animal Series by Sandra Markle. However, owning these books is by no means necessary for using this resource.
You will receive six writing units, plus a cumulative project in this bundle.
includes the following pages, totaling 270 pages:
- 2 Pages of Photo Examples
- 1 Week Teaching Guide
- Writing Prompt Page
- 11 Note Catching Pages
- 2 Brainstorm Pages (1 for Opinion, 1 for Informative)
- 6 Differentiated Planning Pages (3 for Opinion, 3 for Informative)
- Writing Editing Checklist
- Publishing Pages
- 11 Craft Pages
- 4 Rubrics (2 Opinion, 2 Informative)
The cumulative project ALSO includes:
- A Teaching Guide (20-50 days)
- A Title Page
- A Table of Contents
- 3 Book Pages
- Glossary/Index Page
Teaching Tips: As a class, you will gather information on why certain types of animal adaptations (feet, ears, eyes, teeth, nose) are unique. Students will then select which adaptation they would want, and research facts about them. Students will brainstorm, draft, plan, edit and publish a writing piece about 4 different facts on each adaptation. Afterwards, students will complete a simple craft to add a pop of color and fun to their writing or publish their writing into a book.
Teaching about animal adaptations? You might be interested in this Animal Adaptations Life Science Unit.
Or check out my year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 40 Year Long Writing Projects.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.