What If You Had Animal Feet Opinion Writing Activity | Adaptations Project
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want to spice up your writing prompts with fun activities? This YEAR LONG writing curriculum includes 25 writing prompts covering informative, narrative, opinion and how to writing. Students will love the seasonal prompts, fun themes and exciting writing projects inside.Year Long Writing ProPrice $70.00Original Price $81.98Save $11.98
- What If You Had Animal Feet? Combine student fun with animal adaptations for this opinion writing project. Students will read What If You Had Animal Feet and the sequels to learn about different animal adaptations. Then, students will use graphic organizers to come up with reasons and supporting detPrice $14.99Original Price $18.00Save $3.01
- Get your informative writing unit rolling with these TEN fun prompts and activities. Students will go through the writing process to create a common core aligned research based writing piece. Each activity is designed to be taught in one week or can be condensed into less days. The weekly assignmentPrice $38.00Original Price $47.50Save $9.50
What If You Had Animal Feet? Combine student fun with animal adaptations for this opinion writing activity. Students will read What If You Had Animal Feet and use graphic organizers to come up with reasons and supporting details to persuade their reader about what the best animal feet are and why. This What if You Had Animal Feet Project is a GREAT way to combine science, reading, writing and FUN with your students.
Mentor Text Recommendation: This is common core aligned, and pairs great with the book What If You Had Animal Feet by Sandra Markle.
Teaching Tips for What If You Had Animal Feet Project:
As a class, you will gather information on why certain types of animal feet are unique by reading What If You Had Animal Feet. Students will then select which pair of animal feet they would want, and come up with reasons why. Students will brainstorm, draft, plan, edit and publish a writing piece about 4 different reasons or facts to support their opinion or informative writing on the topic. Afterwards, students will complete a simple craft to add a pop of color and fun to their writing.
What's Inside the What if You Had Animal Feet Project:
- Teaching Plan
- Photo Examples
- Writing Prompt (for students)
- Brainstorming Pages (11 whole class & 2 individual)
- 3 Differentiated Graphic Organizers for Opinion Planning
- 3 Differentiated Graphic Organizers for Informative Planning
- Editing Checklist
- Publishing Pages
- 11 Craft Pages
- 2 Opinion Rubrics
- 2 Informative Rubrics
Please open the preview file before purchasing.
Teaching about animal adaptations? You might be interested in these resources:
Check out these other crafts in this series below:
- What If You Had Animal Feet?
- What If You Had Animal Eyes?
- What If You Had Animal Ears?
- What If You Had an Animal Tail?
- What If You Had an Animal Nose?
- What If You Had Animal Teeth?
Or check out my year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 40 Year Long Writing Projects.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.