Also included in
- Engage students in writing by having them research various types of animal adaptations and having them select which adaptations they would want and why. Students will then complete a book accompanied by a craft with their face on it and all of the animal adaptations they selected.This resource pairs$14.40$18.00Save $3.60
- Make teaching writing more ENGAGING and planning for writing EASY by utilizing this year long writing pack. This resource includes 25 units of writing that will take 32 weeks to teach. This writing bundle is common core aligned and provides opportunities for differentiation for both higher achieving$70.00$81.00Save $11.00
Engage students in learning about animal adaptations with this exciting writing project. Students will research, plan and write about what the best animal feet are or what feet they would choose are and why. This can be used as an opinion or informative writing project, and includes templates for both.
This writing activity is a fun way to have students come up with reasons and supporting details about what type of animal feet are the best and why. This is common core aligned, and pairs great with the book What If You Had Animal Feet by Sandra Markle. However, owning this book is by no means necessary for using this resource.
As a class, you will gather information on why certain types of animal feet are unique. Students will then select which pair of animal feet they would want, and come up with reasons why. Students will brainstorm, draft, plan, edit and publish a writing piece about 4 different reasons or facts to support their opinion or informative writing on the topic. Afterwards, students will complete a simple craft to add a pop of color and fun to their writing. There are three different planning pages differentiated to different learning styles/grade levels for both opinion and informative. This is a fun writing project that can be taught across one week or shortened to be taught in just a day or two. There is a teaching guide included to see how I would recommend teaching this project, and also photo examples of the planning and publishing steps so there is a clear expectation for students. There are also two rubrics included for various grading styles. Please open the preview file before purchasing.
This Resource Includes:
- 2 Pages of Photo Examples
- 1 Week Teaching Guide
- Writing Prompt Page
- 11 Note Catching Pages
- 2 Brainstorm Pages (1 for Opinion, 1 for Informative)
- 6 Differentiated Planning Pages (3 for Opinion, 3 for Informative)
- Writing Editing Checklist
- Publishing Pages
- 11 Craft Pages
- 4 Rubrics (2 Opinion, 2 Informative)
Teaching about animal adaptations? You might be interested in these resources:
- What If You Had Animal Adaptations? MEGA BUNDLE!
- Animal Adaptations Life Science Unit
Check out these other crafts in this series below:
- What If You Had Animal Feet?
- What If You Had Animal Eyes?
- What If You Had Animal Ears?
- What If You Had an Animal Tail?
- What If You Had an Animal Nose?
- What If You Had an Animal Mouth?
Or get the year long writing bundle to review all writing genres here: 25 Year Long Writing Projects.
Follow me on TpT and Instagram to get first access to my resources. Don't forget to leave feedback on all purchases to earn credits toward FREE resources in the future. Enjoy! :)