Do your students know what impeachment is and how the process works? This Boom Learning deck teaches students why a person is impeached, the steps for impeaching someone, and who in U.S. history has been impeached. Students will learn facts about impeachment from a reading passage, answer 12 comprehension questions, and do a sequencing task about impeachment.
✓ Please note:
* This resource is very similar to the What Is Impeachment? resource that is available in PDF and Google Drive versions. The reading passage is the same but the comprehension questions are worded differently and there are 12 questions instead of 10 questions. The sequencing task in this Boom resource is not included in the other resource and this resource does not contain the word search and crossword puzzles. You can find the PDF and Google Drive resource HERE.
* To use Boom Cards™, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
* When you purchase and download this resource, you’ll receive a PDF file with instructions on how to access the Boom Cards. The actual cards are not included in the PDF file.
There are 11 cards for the reading passage. Each card is illustrated and all but one card has a word bank at the bottom to help students comprehend the text. Students can click on the audio symbol to hear the text read aloud.
The reading passage is written in easy-to-understand English so English Language Learners at an intermediate level of language proficiency (and higher) will be able to comprehend the text. Other students who don’t know much about impeachment will also benefit from using this deck.
There are 6 cards with 2 comprehension questions on each card spread throughout the deck. There are 3 multiple-choice answers for each question. Students select the answers they think are correct, click the "Submit" or "Next" button, and the card automatically self-corrects. Students can use the "Back" button to refer to the text if they need help answering the questions. In addition, students can click on the audio symbol to hear the questions and answers read out loud.
At the end of the deck, there is a card with a sequencing task that asks students to put the steps of impeachment in the proper order. Students drag and drop the steps into boxes at the right-hand side of the card. This task is also automatically self-correcting.
After using this deck, students who are unfamiliar with impeachment will have a better understanding of the reasons for impeaching someone and how the impeachment process works.
* They exist only online: You’ll save paper because you don’t need to print them.
* They are visually appealing: Since they are digital, they are in color and you don’t have to worry about using up printer ink.
* They are low-prep: You’ll save time because students just need an internet connection and a device to use them.
* They are self-grading: You’ll save time assessing students’ work because the cards automatically indicate right and wrong responses.
* They are interactive: Students must engage with the cards in a game-like manner, which helps keep them motivated.
* They are self-checking: Students will immediately find out if their answers are correct or incorrect.
* They can be used as a whole class activity on an interactive whiteboard or individually if students all have a device.
* Use on computers, tablets, and smartphones: Offers greater access if you don’t have enough computers for every student; it also means they can be used at home as long as students have access to a smartphone.
* You can assign Boom Cards with Google Classroom™.
* Depending on the type of your Boom Learning account, you can get reports that track how your students did when they use decks
What you get in this product:
★ Cover (1 page)
★ A table of contents (1 page)
★ A Notes to the Teacher section with background information & link to the resource on the Boom Learning site (2 pages)
★ Descriptions of the cards in this deck (4 pages)
★ Copyright, social media & credits information (1 page)
★ Directions to students (1 card)
★ Reading passage (11 cards)
★ Comprehension questions (6 cards)
★ Sequencing task about the process of impeachment (1 card)
★ End card congratulating students on finishing the deck (1 card)
You might also like these products:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Boom Learning and Boom Cards are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.