Thank you for asking! I with long documents here.
Instead, you'll find solid foundations established in JOYFUL teaching in PreK-1!
Nellie Edge teaching strategies are active, meaning centered, and honoring of how the young child’s brain learns best.
For more than 30 years, Nellie Edge and colleagues have been teaching and inspiring teachers around the globe.
Her proven literacy strategies reflect years of action-research with master teachers in their diverse kindergarten classrooms.
The strategies are active, meaning centered, and honoring of how the young child's brain learns best!
“All the best things I do come from Nellie Edge Seminars.”
- Emotional engagement is the key to all powerful learning for ELLs and EVERY young learner.
- Social Emotional Learning and Oral Language development, (memorizing songs, poems, rhymes, and story excerpts) are embedded into every aspect of the child’s day.
- With happy hearts we dance and sing: framing playful multisensory teaching and learning as the foundation for accelerated literacy.
- Nellie Edge joyful strategies differentiate learning, providing a scaffold of success as a talented and gifted (TAG) model for ALL children.
- Nellie Edge strategies incorporate sign language and fingerspelling to provide kinesthetic memory connections.
- Multisensory teaching and learning truly takes advantage of how the young child’s brain learns best and gives children lifelong learning benefits.
- We develop actionable printables that invite "parents to be partners" in their children's education.
Read excerpts from respected researchers and the wisdom of our teaching practice as a reference point for understanding Best Practices in kindergarten literacy and supporting your decision to explore Nellie Edge Online Seminars and Distance Learning Courses on TPT.
Table of Contents
· Nellie Edge Professional Development: Our Vision and Challenge
· SMILE Approach to Joyful, Accelerated Literacy
· My Philosophy: How Kindergarten Children Learn
· What Is Your Research Base? 7 Practical Principles of the Brain
· Parents: Why We Use Sign Language and Fingerspelling
· Signing for Hearing Children’s Literacy: Excerpts from Dancing with Words
· Practices That Make the Biggest Difference in Student Learning
· Excerpts from Visible Learning by John Hattie
· We Build Growth Mindset, Emotional Intelligence, and Metacognition
· Take Advantage of How the Brain Learns Best: …”Books That Sing and Rhyme”
· 10 Best Practices for Growing Young Writers: Action Research
· Thoughts on Teaching, Learning, and Kindergarten Writing
· Developing Phonemic Awareness: This is What We Know For Sure
· Excerpts from What Really Matters in Teaching Phonics Today
· It Is Developmentally Appropriate to Have High Expectations
· The Wisdom of Regie Routman: Excerpts from Read, Write, Lead
· Excerpts from The Daily 5: Fostering Independence
· Thoughts and Quotes from Master Kindergarten Teacher and Author Bobbi Fisher
· Analyzing Kindergarten Professional Development and Literacy Adoptions
· Meeting Kindergarten ELA Common Core State Standards
· Quotes That Inspire Our Practice
If your teaching values align with research, you may want to check out more Nellie Edge Kindergarten resources!
Click HERE to Follow My Store and to be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products. All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting! Leave feedback and earn TpT credits.
See research in action (photo essays) on my website, NellieEdge.com
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,