What Lane? Chapter Questions and Comprehension Activities for Middle School ELA
- Easel Activity
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- A no-prep, comprehensive novel study for you! This resource combines four separate resources to provide over 100 pages of Common Core aligned curriculum specifically tailored to the text. The complete unit connects to every ELA standard, models comprehension skills for independent reading, and encouPrice $11.99Original Price $16.96Save $4.97
Be fully supported as you integrate Torrey Maldonado's novel What Lane? into your curriculum. Over 55 pages of Common Core aligned resources specifically tailored to the text, complete with answer key, offers a no-prep approach for teachers. This resource connects to 20+ different standards, models comprehension skills for independent reading, and encourages readers to move beyond basic understanding.
THIS STORY TREKKER COMPREHENSION GUIDE WILL:
- Celebrate diverse literature
- Provide complete support to teachers
- Make it easy to introduce a new novel into the curriculum
- Enhance literacy, reading, and speaking skills
- Model comprehension strategies
- Incorporate instruction on literary elements
- Encourage critical thinking
- Allow for creativity
- Adapt and accommodate a wide range of reading levels
The book is broken down into 6 manageable sections of reading, each section including a few chapters (about 20 pages of text). A Reading Road Map, created specifically for each section, guides students through key portions of text and uses comprehension skills to elevate independent reading. Tapping into critical thinking, every section also includes 1-3 extension activities. These are opportunities to respond creatively, in a deeper way to the reading. As differentiated activities, they engage students of all levels with a variety of learning styles. A comprehensive answer key for Reading Road Map questions is included.
- Courageous Readers handout
- Comprehension Skills handout
- Pre-Reading Activities to introduce the book and its themes
- Reading Road Maps for text-centered questions that feature a focused skill and include page references for added support.
- Enrichment Activities to accommodate a variety of learning styles and levels. Each activity focuses on a key component of plot, character development, text analysis, perspective, and more.
My Thanks to You!
As teachers, YOU ROCK! Thanks so much for supporting diverse representation in literature. It’s my goal to help you do more of this. Follow the store for information on new products, future sales, and more. For ideas and inspiration, check out my blog at www.storytrekker.com and Instagram @story_trekker.