Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
12.52 MB | 40+ pages
This is a COMPLETE UNIT planned for approx. 21 days!
It focuses on the attributes that makes a HERO and includes a look into POINT OF VIEW.
The TARGETED standards included are:
- RL 4.9 Compare and Contrast similar treatment of similar themes (the hero) and patterns of events in stories, myths, and traditional literature from different cultures.
- Studies the “HERO” from Greek Myths, Native American lore, Pop Media (Darth Vader/ Batman), and Current Events
- RI 4.9 Integrate information from two texts on the same topic
- Compares information from informational and literature texts
- W 4.9 Draw evidence from text to support analysis, reflection, or research
- There is journaling and process writing throughout the unit, with a focus on synthesizing from two sources AND explanatory paragraph writing
- Huge emphasis on CITING EVIDENCE
There is also a CLOSE READING of Chief Joseph's Speech
There is TECHNOLOGY-USE, STUDENT GROUP WORK, COLLABORATION, and CHOICE in PROJECTS.