*** The product file has been updated May 2018. If you've purchased this product from my shop, please go to your "My Purchases" to download the revised file.
Excel-lent spring or end of year project! This classroom-tested activity can be a perfect way to re-engage your students before or after state testing!
Students will sort and count M & M candies, each using Excel to create a bar graph displaying/comparing the colors found in each individual small bag of M & M's. Each student will search and insert clipart or name-brand images of each candy color into each bar of his/her graph.
Project file includes:
* teacher notes/ classroom management suggestions
* student directions in checklist form
* rubric to grade finished graphs
* sample bulletin board display poster
* my students were able to complete this project with two or three 15-minute small group center sessions
* My 5th graders completed this project as a performance task- small groups of students working independently on Chromebooks or desktop computers in rotating 15-minute turns during my 90-minute Math block, working at their own pace through the project checklist directions
* I’ve used this project with younger students, or students needing adaptations, in small groups as well- reading the project checklist directions aloud to those small groups for a 10 or 15-minute rotating center turn
Samples of student work are available to view on my classroom web site here: http://www.mrsdingman.com/ExcelGraphing.html#anchor_439