This adorable song in POWER-POINT format is appropriate for students in grades K-2. It is perfect for the fun Halloween season while keeping you and your students on track with your Kodaly based curriculum. Activities included in this lesson are as follows:
1. A lyrics slide.
2. A cute heartbeat icon tapping chart.
3. A rhythm icon tapping chart.
4. A rhythm notation activity using real rhythm notation over picture heartbeat icons.
5. Reading beginning melodic song notation with notation being picture icons.
6. Same as #5 but with known Solfege tones (mi, sol, and la) labeled on top of melodic notation. Mystery tone "do" is kept secret/covered with a star over the picture icon.
7. Reading the song melodic notation on the staff with notation being picture icons. "Do" is still kept a mystery, however, stars covering notation are interactive and disappear when tapped/clicked with mouse to reveal where the new tone is on the staff.
8. Same as #7 but real rhythm notation is used. "Do" is still kept a mystery, however, stars covering notation are interactive and disappear when tapped/clicked with mouse to reveal where the new tone is on the staff.
9. Melody Street slide - New Mystery Tone "do" is finally revealed.
10. Game Directions are included - a fun charades like game accompanies this adorable song.
This is sure to be a favorite for you and your students!!
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License