This guessing game is a great activity to get students speaking and listening by giving clues to describe common vocabulary words in the following categories: people, animals, places & objects. Your students will have a blast guessing what the word is. It's a great “Ice breaker activity" and is also a fantastic way to review vocabulary. This game is always a hit in my ESL classes.
What's included in this download:
Full color and B&W versions included
- 4 pages of OBJECT cards (32 cards)
- 4 pages of PEOPLE cards (32 cards)
- 4 pages of ANIMAL cards (32 cards)
- 4 pages of PLACES cards (32 cards)
- 1 game clue worksheet for student notebooks (both color and b&w)
- 1 full color flap book
Print and laminate the cards and and choose 1 of the following options:
1. If you plan to play this game many times throughout the year: Give each student a copy of the clue worksheet to cut out and put in their notebook."
2. If you are using this game in small groups or as a partner activity: Distribute"
"the necessary number of pre-made flap books."
3. If doing this activity as a LOW-PREP classroom activity: Write the clue sentences on the whiteboard."
If you like this resource, you might like:
ESL KIDS - Speaking Activity : Question Jar
ESL KIDS - Irregular Verb - I have, Who has Game
ESL KIDS - Comparative & Superlative Board Game
Vegetable Garden Bingo Cards + Flashcard Set
Not So Scary Halloween BINGO Boards
CHRISTMAS BINGO + FLASHCARDS
EASY- CHRISTMAS BINGO + FLASHCARDS