PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This guessing game is a great activity to get students speaking and listening by giving clues to describe common vocabulary words in the following categories: people, animals, places & objects. Your students will have a blast guessing what the word is. It's a great “Ice breaker activity" and is also a fantastic way to review vocabulary. This game is always a hit in my ESL classes.
What's included in this download:
Full color and B&W versions included
- 4 pages of OBJECT cards (32 cards)
- 4 pages of PEOPLE cards (32 cards)
- 4 pages of ANIMAL cards (32 cards)
- 4 pages of PLACES cards (32 cards)
- 1 game clue worksheet for student notebooks (both color and b&w)
- 1 full color flap book
Print and laminate the cards and and choose 1 of the following options:
1. If you plan to play this game many times throughout the year: Give each student a copy of the clue worksheet to cut out and put in their notebook."
2. If you are using this game in small groups or as a partner activity: Distribute"
"the necessary number of pre-made flap books."
3. If doing this activity as a LOW-PREP classroom activity: Write the clue sentences on the whiteboard."
If you like this resource, you might like: