Teach your students to use economic indicators to understand the world. The 5-E modeled lesson will engage your class! Begin with a cool photo analysis activity based on "Where Children Sleep Around the World". The guided lesson also features a hands-on, sorting activity that challenges students to describe levels of development using real-world statistics. Everything you need is included for easy prep!
- Developed Country, Developing Country, Economic Indicators, Literacy Rate, Life Expectancy, Gross Domestic Capital, GDP per Capita, Infant Mortality Rate, Labor Force, Inference, Poverty, Standard of Living
- : “I Spy… Where Children Sleep” Photo Activity
- : “4 Pics, 1 Word” Puzzle and Standard of Living Map Analysis
- : Student Notes, “Think About It…” Questions and Vocabulary
- : Economic Indicators Sorting Activity
- : 2-sided Student Practice Worksheet
- 5-E Guided PowerPoint Lesson
- Fill-in Student Notes Handout
- 2-sided Practice Worksheet
- Sorting Cards for Activity
- Answer Keys
- Quick Teacher Reference Guide
Aligned with Social Studies Standards: CCSS, TEKS, ELPS, and NCSS grades 6-8
Click the link below to find more unique & fun lessons! Thank you!
Social Studies Stuff on TpT
- To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Social Studies Stuff on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post new products and have sales.
- Don’t forget to leave feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback also earns you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive feedback!