Students will learn about the basic needs of plants in order to grow healthy, and the importance of plants to people and to all living things in the natural environment.
- make and record predictions about the needs of a plant
- conduct experiments to investigate the needs of a plant
- make and record observations using diagrams and written descriptions
- make conclusions and connections about the needs of plants using written descriptions
- design, plan, and construct a growing environment for plants
- make and record observations of the final product by comparing and sharing similarities, differences, and benefits of the design
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.