What happened to my Snowman?
This writing activity is a great way to introduce your students to storytelling and narrative writing, and could be a fun Literacy Center idea for the classroom. Your students will have a great time thinking of creative ways that their snowman melted...
- He sat too close to the campfire while making s'mores.
- He went on a safari to Africa and melted in the desert.
- He went to Mexico to eat tacos.
- He went to the beach to collect seashells.
- He went hiking up a hill that was really a volcano!
- He was cold and drank some hot cocoa.
- He was sick and ate some chicken noodle soup.
The creative writing that came from my first graders was amazing! I loved their writing so much that I had to showcase all their wonderful stories on our bulletin board!
I have included a picture of our bulletin board in this *free* download so that you can see the melted snowman that the students made to go with their writing.
I hope your students have as much fun with this activity as we did... ENJOY!
Don’t forget to rate me… and visit my blog ~ kearsonsclassroom.blogspot.com