What is Science?
These worksheets can be used as a first day lesson where students begin to brainstorm what they know about Science and what they think the defintion of science could be.
The activity can be a great way to pre-assess the student's knowledge the first day of class!
This is a good way to break the ice with students in your classroom and have them working with each other the very first day!
The activity can spring board into an art activity for the student's binders or a back to school bulletin board.
I hope these materials make planning those first few days a little easier!!!
If you enjoy this free product, make sure to check out my store for more science teaching materials!
Introduction Lesson to general sciences.
The activity is very open ended and can be presented in different formats.
• As a warm-up assignment as students enter the classroom
• As a partner assignment and ice-breaker for first week of school
• A whole-group discussion where the class generates a working definition for the word science.
• A K-W-L assignment
• A brainstorm assignment for a more in depth journal write-up (maybe first journal write of the unit?)
1) What is science? Brainstorming worksheets
2) What is science? Working Definition worksheet (Using Fray Model for Vocabulary Develop)