The definition of success varies from person to person. This 3-4 day lesson challenges students to refine their own definition of success through a series of reflective group and individual activities and discussions, culminating in a four paragraph essay describing the success of another person.
Included in this package:
1. Introductory Powerpoint with discussion questions, directions for group activities and reflection. This may take one or two days, depending on the length of your classes.
2. Quotes on success for students to read and discuss in group activity.
3. Short vignettes for students to read and discuss in group activity.
4. A handout with a series of short-response questions to help students individually reflect on the definition and meaning of success.
5. A Powerpoint presentation to outline and guide students in their writing project. This may take 2-3 days depending on the level of your students and the length of your classes.
6. A 2-page graphic organizer to help students plan their writing before beginning their four paragraph essay