This is an introductory
lesson relying on evidence-based questions and synthesis of
Students view images of families to ask questions and answer others' questions using evidence from the photos.
Then they use a single word to describe each family and work with a partner to synthesize these words into a single "family" definition! This is an engaging and thought-provoking lesson you and your students will love!
Included in this lesson:
* “Family” Photo Activity Instructions:
* Teacher Sources
* Photos of 8 different families (also available on NYtimes.com)
* Question and Answer Sentence Frames
* A Question/Answer Grid
* A ticket out the door response sheet
* A two-page “Family” Definition: Word Synthesis Activity (with teacher example included)