The Core Words Interactive Book series was written for toddlers and children with speech and language impairments.
Children with developmental delays, apraxia, autism, Down syndrome and individuals using augmentative devices would benefit from these simplified illustrations and vocabulary.
This download contains:
- A six-page book in color and printer friendly black line.
- AAC Core 40 words: What, Is, In, That
- Sign language cards: What, Is, In, That, Cow, Horse, Sheep, Chicken, Pig
- Directions for assembly.
These books can be used to target:
- Early communication skills: joint attention, pointing, making choices
- Building vocabulary by identifying or labeling single words
- Expanding from words to phrases (ex. “on” to “on the table”)
- Answering simple “wh” questions (What, Where, Who)
- Using pronouns (he/she/it) correctly.
- Practice core words on AAC devices.
- Building literacy skills
The books can be printed in color for repeated use or black and white to share with families.
They are designed to be used as a simple early book that can easily be shared with families (black line copies) or constructed as an interactive for repeated use and high engagement (laminated pieces with Velcro).
As a bonus, you also receive sign language cards (color and black line) for added language learning support.
Core Word Interactive Book Series:
Help Me Open
I Like My Birthday
I See Toys
I See Community Helpers
What Does He Want?
What Does She Want?
What is in the Barn?
Where is the Baby?
Where is the Bird?