"What is it made of?" is intended for children from 3 years old. This set helps to broaden children vocabulary and knowledge about the materials (their names, features, differences) from which the objects surrounding us in everyday life are made ( balloon, keys, vase, etc.).
This set includes:
· 6 worksheets with the picture of particular material on it (metal, wood, glass, rubber, plastic, stone) and 8 pictures to supplement the item.
· 4 cards with the pictures of objects which were made from those materials. 48 items all together.
How to play?
1. Let the kid become familiar with cards. Put the worksheets and pictures in front of the child. Then name each material, what is made of it, its features and special characteristics. For example: This is a vase. It's made of glass. The glass is transparent, solid, smooth, and brittle. Or: It's a ball. It's made of plastic. The plastic is light, smooth, resilient, floating on water, etc.
2. Once the child has learned the materials, you can ask him to find a particular item, describe what it is made of and place it on the appropriate worksheet.
3. Choose any worksheet with a picture of the material and then walk with your child, for example, at home looking for items that are made of this material.
4. Print the cards twice and cut them out. The child's task is to find the second, the same picture.