- I've used both of these activities every year and they have always been a hit - especially on an election year! The two products in this bundle are tried and true with 7th and 8th grade students. What is the Electoral College - PowerPoint and Partner ActivityI have used this Electoral College acti$6.99$7.99Save $1.00
- Electoral College PowerPoint, Notes Sheet, and ActivityI have used this Electoral College activity over and over throughout my two decades in the classroom, and it has always been a hit; especially on an election year! You are provided with a fully-editable, and detailed, 46-slide PowerPoint that e$10.79$11.99Save $1.20
- Government Bundle. I've used every one of these items when teaching about the U.S. government in my 7th and 8th grade Social Studies classes. From getting students to try and pass a bill they create by getting 51% of the class to vote in favor of their bill to having them sing a song with a group$9.00$16.99Save $7.99
- Middle School Geography, Government, and Psychology Bundle -- 31 Products! When I started teaching middle school Social Studies over 17 years ago I was given a text book that was outdated, at an advanced reading level, and did not provide any supplemental material. I found myself completely on my$29.99$57.74Save $27.75
- This Presidents of the United States of America 10-pack is going to be a great addition to your study of our nation's presidents. Included are 10 resources that I have used in my own classroom for many years. From an election word wall, to a presidential cabinet word wall, to biography cards stude$24.99$36.74Save $11.75
- As a teacher of middle school Social Studies, I know that middle school students do best when they are moving, talking, and engaged in what they are learning. I also know that sometimes my students just need a break to have a little fun on those high-energy days. You middle school teachers know wh$29.99$39.74Save $9.75
Used in over 1,400 classrooms! This is the most fun your students will have learning about the Electoral College! I have used this Electoral College activity over and over throughout my two decades in the classroom, and it has always been a hit; especially on an election year! [For the Google Drive version click here]. You are provided with a fully-editable, and detailed, 46-slide PowerPoint that explains how the Electoral College works, the potential flaws of the system, a student note sheet, and a reflection sheet where students write a minimum 100-word explanation on whether or not the Electoral College is a good system or not for electing a president.
Note: I used the Ink Free font in the PowerPoint and MS Word. You can change the font to whatever you'd like since it is fully-editable, or if you don't have the Ink Free font for some reason.
The activity is the best part! Students are partnered up and given a competition packet, a pair of dice, and some colored pencils to take part in an Electoral College simulation where they understand how important winning the Popular Vote is to get the Electoral Votes of each state. You will hear a lot of yelps when students win California as well as the moans of the students who didn't!
The kids always have fun playing this and you'll be surprised how even your must reluctant learners will willingly participate .
I hope you and your students have as much fun with this activity as my students and I have had over the years. A fun touch at the end is to take a photograph of the winners with the Presidential Seal along with the defeated (see preview). You could also put up a bulletin board titled "Future Presidents??" or "I Made it to 270 First!"
Here's a few other products you might like...
For a GREAT classroom management tool check out my BEST-SELLER!
Connect with Surviving Social Studies...
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the ‘Follow Me’ next to my logo to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on www.survivingsocialstudies.com
Thanks for stopping by!
Surviving Social Studies
Copyright ©Surviving Social Studies. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.