The following document can be used at the beginning of the school year/course to help students understand their learning style better.
1. Start a discussion with the students about which learning style they think they fall under.
2. Explain the three learning styles using the second sheet. Has anyone changed their mind?
3. Explain which one you (the teacher) fall under and provide some examples that support your choice.
4. Allow students to complete the 22 questions. Ask the students if their original choice is still the same.
5. Group students by style and ask them to come up with ideas on how they can help improve their learning skills based on their style.
6. *Experiment* Do an activity that requires all three groups to use a certain learning style :
a. Visual activity (get students to read a paragraph, answer questions on paper and then hand out mini quizzes for them to answer without looking at the original paragraph)
b. Auditory activity (get students to listen to an audio file, take notes and then ask each group to explain certain points from the audio file)
c. Kinesthetic activity (get students to create a small presentation (A4/A3 paper can be used if required) to explain the new ideas of how to improve their learning skills based on their style) (based on activity 5)
After all three activities are complete, check results of each group and their performance outcome. Does the outcome match the learning style explanation?