An overview enquiry for KS2/3 students in which they are tasked with becoming experts in an aspect of life in the trenches, before teaching each other and sharing new knowledge.
1. As students enter the room, display the images on slide 2. See how many students can remember when the screen is blanked, and ask if connections can be made.
2. Slide 3: key enquiry question and learning objectives
3. Slide 4: student work sheet/task: Become experts on one aspect of the trenches, create a resource, and teach a mini lesson
4. Slides 5-9: printable resource sheets
5. Slide 11: Worksheet for students to complete
6. Slide 10: Plenary: can students now explain each picture, having taught each other?