A market place activity in which students become experts in an aspect of the USA 1920s, create a resource, and deliver their findings to their classmates as part of a carousel activity. A knowledge test is included to check students' learning.
1. Slow reveal of Entertainment by Thomas Hart Benson, which generates interest in the subject of the Roaring Twenties
2. Assign pairs of students a topic (Jazz, cars, cinema etc.) in which to become an expert; depending on how many are in your class, give more than one pair the same topic
3. Students create a resource about their topic. It must contain no more than ten words
4. Students carousel around the classroom and teach each other, completing the worksheet. Those that move around then teach their partner about all of the aspects of the Roaring Twenties
5. Plenary: Assess Thomas Hart Benson's painting for accuracy. Anything he missed?
6. Knowledge test