What's In There??! Define and Describe FREEBIE
LOW PREP Activity for vocabulary skills
This mat was designed to accompany the popular game where students pull objects out of a big head! It is a commonly known fact that speech therapists use popular board games to make therapy fun for their students. I looked at all of my games and decided that I needed a way to make playing them more directly therapeutic! This is how all of my game companions were born! I hope you enjoy this latest FREEBIE!
Check out my other Ned's Head Companions (game not included, you must own the game)
See the Language Pack here!
See the ARTICULATION pack here!
See the BUNDLE here!
Don’t forget to check out my Connect 4, Chutes & Ladders, Jenga, and Yahtzee companions! (games not included with purchase, you must own the game). Click HERE to see all of my game companions!
• Mat for describing/defining the objects in the game
• Define/Describe Script page
Assembly: Print and go! You can laminate the boards or place them in page protectors for durability.
To use: Set up and play the game as directed (objects in the head and cards in a stack). Place a define/describe mat in front of each student.
The student will draw a card and place it on the mat in the space labeled “place card here”.
• The student will define or describe the object on the card, using the visuals on the mat. I also included a script card to use if needed. You can have the students write or just verbalize.
• The student will then reach into Ned’s Head and try to find the object (by feeling for it with their hand). If they find the correct item, they keep the item and the card on their mat. If they don’t find the item, the card goes at the bottom of the stack and the item goes back in the head (the object of the game is to find as many items as you can).
• Suggestion: I find objects around the room that I want the students to describe/define and draw them on the blank cards provided in the game. You can also make your own cards with objects of you choice.
• As they find the objects, continue putting the cards on the mat. After the four card spots are full, they will stack the next card on top of a card already on the mat.
Check out My Blocks Products (companions for the game JengaTM)
(coming soon: Apraxia Blocks and Math Blocks)
My other game companions
Climb it & Slide, Articulation companion for Chutes and Ladders
4 to Score, Articulation Companion for Connect Four
Check out Speech-Zee (a companion for YahtzeeTM)
Looking for more engaging articulation products?
Artic Swat Bundle! Squish or Swat flies while practicing phonemes!
Articulation Homework Bundle
Dab A Sound Football Edition!