Great way to start off the year! My students are always so excited to learn about themselves and the origin of their name, and they're always interested in learning about mine too.
Ways to use:
- As the teacher, fill in one of the columns with your own information about your name on the first, original copy. Then photocopy the amount needed to give one to each student to take home - yup, with all your name information to share with them and their parents! This is always a great way to have parents open up to you as well.
- Add to the back of a newsletter, and have the students take home this activity to work on it with their parents.
- Leave both columns empty so the student and parent can each fill in a column about themselves.
- Make it just a fun activity to take home with no "return by" date.
(*Note: kids LOVE to share this new-found information with their friends and peers, so that's why I usually make a due-date for it. It has always become a great sharing activity in the times I've used it).
- And many, many other ideas!
* This is a great way for the kids to practice their reading and writing skills as well. And an even better way for parents to see how their kiddo's skills are progressing.