Use 15 audio files, 1 PowerPoint™ presentation™ with 7 copyright free images, 14 videos,
and 78 pages
with three fun activities to introduce thermometers and measuring temperature to your weather unit. Here are the three activities:
• Drop food coloring into hot and cold water
to show the difference in the movement of the particles in the liquids. Have more time? Drop in seltzer tablets, sugar cubes, and instant coffee. The kids will be amazed at what they see! Don’t have time or those materials? I’ve included videos of a student doing the activities. Just watch and learn!!
• Create a model of a thermometer
with a stopper, tubing, and a flask or narrow-mouthed bottle.
• Use a thermometer
to record outdoor temperatures.
To save you prep time, I’ve included these resources with your purchase:
– Images of many different kids of thermometers. All images in the presentations are copyright free so you can use them in another context;
– Included for each activity in both English and Spanish, they make it easy to record activity results;
• Student text
– Short essays about each of the activities, saved in three reading levels in English and two in Spanish. Choose from color images or blackline images for students to color;
– Students who benefit from hearing the information can listen to a recording of the text;
– Fifteen different videos let you preview or review the activities. A student who needs to see the activity again can watch a student - great for absent students!
– Choose from quick, pencil-and-paper, struggling student, or capable student. There are assessment suggestions for each of the three activities;
• A web page
created just for this set of activities with links that clearly explains the science involved AND has many, many different extensions and resources for you to add to your science unit.
This product could be used as part of a unit that meets NGSS 3-ESS2-1♦.
to find more resources about weather, including bundles that save you money!
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games
Visit our other store, Simply Math.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me!
You'll receive a message when I add new products or have a sale.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers
and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
♦ 3-ESS2-1. Represent data in tables and graphical displays to describe typical weather conditions expected during a particular season.