Wheels on the Bus This is one of the most popular children songs with accompanying actions that has everyone singing and moving! This is a great circle time fun that allows students to choose which verse happens next in this adapted song card.
To use this product:
• Laminate the song card
• Cut out the bottom of the card so that you have the bus separate from the verses icons.
• Cut out and separate the verse icons
• Put soft-sided Velcro on the bus.
• Put hard sided Velcro on the verse icons
To use this song card let the children chose which part of the song can come next by selecting the icon and putting it on the bus.
I like to keep my songs in a file folder. You can use a regular paper folder, a laminated folder or I like to use plastic folder. I again put the soft side on the folder to secure the bus and the song pieces
Let the children choose which verse of this fun song they sing.
Easy melody for children to learn
The repeating chorus helps students who are either English Language Learners or Language Learning Disabled as there is less language complexity to learn these lines allowing them to join in quickly.
The movements allow even those that are minimally verbal to be able to join in. I have had one non-verbal child who delighted in being able to stand up and sit down to mimic the people on the bus.
The language in the verse is simple. One little girl loudly sang the “sh-sh-sh” which she then was able to use functionally to tell a classmate to be quiet.
There are some great follow-up activities that you can do with the song.
• Make a pretend bus with chairs and role play the various characters
• Make a shape picture with tires being round, the windows rectangles or squares
• Combine the song with a talk about bus safety.