Covid19 is pretty scary…even to adults! How do you help your children to talk about their thoughts and feelings about this virus? 3-year-old Brooklyn might help your primary child express what (s)he is thinking. When Everything Opens is Susan Rutherford’s first Book! (Kindergarten, 1st Grade, ESL)
It’s Susan’s way to support other parents, teachers, and kids!
When Everything Opens (Print Letters)
Whether you are a parent or a teacher who is posting resources for distance learning using a secure password-protected platform, you will find this to be a great activity for kids of varying levels and abilities. Talk about how you can help everyone stay safe. Present the full-page book on your phone, tablet, or computer. Print the half-page book for your child to read and re-read.
- This story was written in March 2020.
- It was the year of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) that caused a worldwide pandemic.
- Our world was turned upside down.
- No contact. Social distancing was mandated.
- Schools and activities were closed. Parents lost jobs or worked from home.
- Brooklyn, a 3-year-old, told this story. It’s a story of hope and love.
- She is thinking about when things get back to what will become our “new normal” … “When Everything Opens”.
Learning is fun! Read and respond to this book! Print the half-page book to read and re-read independently!
· Sight Words
· New vocabulary
Check the ways this resource will be helpful and fun!
· helping children to express feelings
· distance learning
· literacy center activity
· library corner
· learn and review high-frequency words
· practice sight words
· homework activity
You might like one of these resources:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Teach – Play – Learn