Community helpers and "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
This resource includes a checklist of 75 possible jobs with picture cues (and a bonus checklist of 200 jobs). This list helps children consider some of the many career options and community helpers out there.
This download includes:
- Lesson plan
- 2 Different brainstorming pages
- Checklist of 75 job options that includes picture cues
- 7 writing reflection pages (my top 5 jobs, my top job, a day in the life, how I will prepare for my future career, etc.)
- Discussion questions
- 2 examples of career path maps
- Bonus checklist of 200+ job options that you can use for differentiation for advanced students in your class, if you'd like (also in my store, so make sure not to purchase both, as it would be a duplicate purchase)
This resource would be helpful as you prepare for an activity in which the students tell what they want to be when they grow up. Or it's a great addition to your community helper unit.
You might want to break the lesson up into two or more days, for Kindergarteners, especially.
Also great for CCRPI in Georgia.
Click the green star above to be one of the first to hear about new resources, freebies, and special offers from my store. Thanks for stopping by!