This no print and no prep ActivInspire flipchart is a fun Thanksgiving story that engages students with autism and developmental delays from the beginning to the end. The story of the farmer boy looking for a turkey for Thanksgiving increases their use/understanding of core words (i.e. where, look, not, it, on, in, under, behind, in front of) and gives practice in asking and answering “where” questions. Will he find the turkey? Or does the turkey get safely away?
This flipchart lesson includes:
• "I can" statements
• notes browser (yellow note icon) explains features for interactive pages and gives lesson procedure
• simple, interactive Table of Contents/lesson schedule
• visual dictionary to introduce/review core words (in, on, under, behind, in front of, where, it, not
• engaging story with realistic character and animal images with sound effects and visual supports to aid the students in story comprehension
• animated farm boy who demonstrates looking around for the turkey
• repetitive text to teach core words. Opportunities for students to make predictions
• an interactive survey (“Did you like the story?”) with animated yes/no faces
• lesson closure page
• 22 interactive and/or animated pages
This flipchart can be used for small group instruction at the computer and in whole-group settings using an interactive whiteboard. Students take turns reading and activating the interactive features.
**Must have ActivInspire software.**
Download the FREE ActivInspire software at:
ActivInspire Download on Promethean Planet