Enjoy this freebie! I hope you and your students love it!
If you want other fantastic ELA and/or Math centers for kindergarten, you've found the right venue! Please check out my store for some other goodies. :)
POSITIONAL WORDS/PHRASES INCLUDED:
in front of
1. Print out the Tom Turkeys (found at the end on the packet). Cut out and glue to popsicle sticks.
2. Print book pages double-sided, arranged in the order YOU choose.
3. Use a paper cutter to cut horizontally down the middle.
4. Staple on the left-hand side.
5. Voila! You have books AND your very own Tom Turkey stick puppet.
I use these books during the fall when my Kindergartners are focusing on positional words and phrases in reading AND math. We highlight each positional word/phrase and move the Tom Turkeys on each page of the book to demonstrate the positional words being utilized on the page. If Tom is supposed to be on top of the pumpkin, then that’s where we move him! This book is a great way to help young learners understand positional words in an informal, nonthreatening way. We also get to COLOR each page, which is always a treat! ☺
Copies of these books could also be utilized during center time, small groups, AND homework.